The Shop Stewards Program at MechaSpark offers an exciting opportunity to support the day-to-day operations of a 10,000 square foot community makerspace in Bellevue, WA. With shared workshop design and fabrication facilities in woodworking, metalworking, precision machining, electronics and robotics, 3D printing, laser cutting, and more. In any given month, we serve up to 500 members and 200 students in our shop areas.
This volunteer position requires regular commitment and offers the opportunity to learn and apply design and fabrication techniques in our community-maintained shops and facilities. Shop Stewards support the Facilities Manager in the maintenance and upkeep of our shared community shops and social spaces. Immersed in a collaborative and creative space, you will work closely with a small management team and a group of dedicated member-volunteers in a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
Recent projects have included laser cut acrylic LED volunteer badges, plasma cutter machine upgrades, graphic design for signage and wayfinding, and tool access controls among others. Additionally, we work with Shop Stewards to design classes, test others on equipment, or develop skills to take with them beyond MechaSpark.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter to be considered for the next program session.
Volunteering requires that you be willing to learn, work hard, and be responsible and open to new experiences. Please consider carefully whether this time commitment will fit your schedule or other life commitments. Participants must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Participants are expected to volunteer at least 8 hours per week, 4 of which on a regular schedule
Some of the potential benefits of participating in the Shop Stewards program at Mechaspark are:
- Learn new skills growing your resume and experience
- Support a non-profit community organization dedicated to learning and creativity
- Meet new people including other volunteers participating in this program
- Gain exposure to non-profit managment, community shop maintenance, and a wide variety of deisgn and fabrication techniques